domenica 11 ottobre 2009

Sense and Sensibility?

We've always heard of mid-life crisis but what about a quarter-life crisis? Is this a common occurrence or has it just happened to me. So I'm 24, Irish, working in fashion and living in Milan. I love my life here, I love my friends here, I love my work here and most importantly, I love my social life  here. As a capricorn, I'm naturally disposed to be ambitious. In fact, I feed on ambition....not just in my working life but also in my personal life. A Friday night in is a very infrequent occurrence. Occasionally I call home, speak to friends, catch up on what neighbor is having an affair with the local electrician, who has recently become engaged, the percentage increase on mortgage rates and what's this season's colour for home interior. But life in milan is very different. Here, I don't know my neighbors, so I don't know who's having an affair with who, I also don't have a mortgage nor neither do I worry about home decoration. I'm only 24 but in Irish dog years I'm 35. Thus, the reason why I live here. My calls home worry me, I'm bombarded by so called adult life..what I should be doing with my life...what I should be striving for... apparently I'm old enough to have responsibility. I put down my mobile phone, I climb out of my bed and walk across the hall to my German flatmate's room. She's trying on a new pair of Kurt Geiger boots which she has recently bought. She looks up and I ask "Where are we headed tonight?"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento